Re: Dumb Kweschun

In article <yqmA2.6109$w92.6423@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  Paul Hogan <pghogan@spam_nyet_bigpond.com> wrote:
> jdennis@acslink.net.au writes:
> >
> > The one where the coal lines switch sides in the Hunter.  Maybury?
> >
> Try Hanbury Junction.

Well, I was close enough so someone knowledgable could recognise it :-)

> An historic one was on South Maitland Railway, and carried
> the Kalingo/ Maitland main line over the existing line to Pelton.
> Last time I was there, the bridge still existed.

At Bellbird Colliery, if my obviously fading memory serves me correctly.  I
photographed 10 class working through the cutting under the overbridge many
years ago.

There was also an old bridge on a colliery line from the Port Waratah area
which took the track underneath the Hamilton-Maitland line. At the Newcastle
end, it appeared on maps into the 60s, although long closed.

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html