Re: XPT

Hi Tim

newsozemail wrote in message
<7at0lj$el3$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...

>Hopeing someone can help me with the following
>
>I am intending to catch the evening  XPT from Murwillumbah arriving Sydney
>at 10.30am then connecting with the 11.43am  XPL to Canberra.
>Can you advise is this a safe connection time?

Yeah it should be.... be a bit more careful if travelling on the weekend
tho... may be a  track closure on the North to worry about... if it looks
tight.. tell the PSS and he/she should be able to make arragements for the
train to be held.. it is over an hour so they should honour the
connection... and you could always get off at Strathfiels if it is really
tight..

>Also can you tell me if it is worth the extra for 1St class seats for the
>whole trip & what the benefits of 1st class are?

Bit more leg room.... and as a rule pasengers are better behaved.... tend to
be older

>Well thanks your assistance is greatly appreciated.
>Also is ther a IRC chat room regarding train travel etc?

Cant help ya on that one, sorry

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year