Re: Dumb Kweschun

jdennis@acslink.net.au writes:

> The one where the coal lines switch sides in the Hunter.  Maybury?

Try Hanbury Junction. Is there another rail-over-rail bridge
to one of the Hunter coal loaders (Drayton?) or I am thinking of a
road overbridge?

An historic one was on South Maitland Railway, and carried
the Kalingo/ Maitland main line over the existing line to Pelton.
Last time I was there, the bridge still existed.

Another former example, now removed, was on the dead end siding at Dombarton.
The bridge span from this location was removed, and re-used to replace
an unsafe one on the line to Lavender Bay, near Waverton Station.

Cheers,

Paul Hogan