Re: Tullamarine Loop.

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:46:38 +1100, Jennifer Richmond
<richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

>Yesterday while at work at the Westfield shoppingtown at Airport West
>(next to the BG Jacana Loop, down the track a bit from the SG
>Tullamarine Loop), I saw an NR going up, long end leading as a light
>engine between 0900 and 1100. It was going quite fast (faster than the
>Superfreighters usually go) and was blasting the horn quite a lot.
>Anyone know what was going on?

NR somerton trip train runs ex Melbourne Operations Terminal at around
0630 Mon-Fri. It shunts McIntyre from 0700 to sometime betwen 0730 and
1100 (depending on how many shunts required at PTM). it then runs to
Somertoan and shunts for between 1 and 3 hours. Then it returns the
empties to Melb arriving somewhere between 0930-1300.
This train normally runs a with a single NR (occaisionally an 81 or
G), and normally the loco runs short end leading on the way out and
long end leading on the return.

Does anyone know of any other train regularly hauled by an NR long end
leading?

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.