Tullamarine Loop.

Yesterday while at work at the Westfield shoppingtown at Airport West
(next to the BG Jacana Loop, down the track a bit from the SG
Tullamarine Loop), I saw an NR going up, long end leading as a light
engine between 0900 and 1100. It was going quite fast (faster than the
Superfreighters usually go) and was blasting the horn quite a lot.
Anyone know what was going on?
Also, in the same place a little later, a P or T class loco went down,
hauling a 6 car Comeng set. Why? I thought Comengs went out to Bendigo
for servicing... this line goes to Seymour, the Goulburn Valley,
Oaklands and Albury. New passenger service?