Re: Tullamarine Loop.

Jennifer Richmond wrote:

> Yesterday while at work at the Westfield shoppingtown at Airport West
> (next to the BG Jacana Loop, down the track a bit from the SG
> Tullamarine Loop), I saw an NR going up, long end leading as a light
> engine between 0900 and 1100. It was going quite fast (faster than the
> Superfreighters usually go) and was blasting the horn quite a lot.
> Anyone know what was going on?

As a light engine movement, NR's move quite quickly, put 2 of them
together, and the horn would need to be continuous to warn ppl of their
arrival.

> Also, in the same place a little later, a P or T class loco went down,
> hauling a 6 car Comeng set. Why?

The Martin & King (not sure if they are still called that) factory that
made all the modifications for the drivers/passenger access doors is at
Somerton.

The siding for M&K is on the branch to Upfield just before the Dual gauge
to Ford sidings.

> I thought Comengs went out to Bendigo
> for servicing... this line goes to Seymour, the Goulburn Valley,
> Oaklands and Albury. New passenger service?

would be cheaper to run... no overheads <g>

--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com