Re: It's Academic

So if RNV this month isn't up to scratch its my fault!

Roderick Smith wrote:

> I hope that my typing of RNV today has not been too distracted by this
> running though the back of the brain.
> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
>

> > Question 2:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> >
> >               Bullock's Flat
> >               Morwell
> >               Robina
> >               Armadale
> Electrification is an easy one (but Morwell has lost its).  Presumably
> Chris wanted something else.

Clue:- Geography

> > Question 5:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> >
> >               Adelaide Terminal
> >               Currambine
> >               Robina
> >               Olympic Park
> >               Merinda Park
> I am assuming that Adelaide Terminal means the rebuilt bg station at North
> Terrace; presumably all were built/opened in the 1990s.

No I meant Keswick.  As I've just replied to someone else's posting the
answer is that they are all the newest passenger station in each State.

> > Question 9:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> >
> >               Croydon
> >               Cheltenham
> >               Richmond
> >               Fairfield
> >               Windsor
> These are five station names which occur on four systems.  AFAIK there is a
> sixth; there is also a name which appears on five systems, as it was used
> for a crossing loop on one of the Pilbara lines (Emu? Wombat? Koala?).

I was thinking currently open passenger stations only.

> > Question 10:  What is common across these three PAIRS of passenger
> > stations.
> >
> >               Roma Street and Spencer Street
> >               Kuranda and Bunbury
> >               Gawler Central and Warrnambool
> RS & SS each have narrower and wider gauges.
> Kuranda and Bunbury each have only narrow gauge.
> GC & W each have only bg.

You are definitely on the right track here.  Think Geography again.