Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

G'day,

MarkBau1 wrote:

> CTC rules change the requirement that a driver is to travel the whole track
> section at medium speed where the next signal is usually many miles down the
> track

Had often wondered about when we depart Werribee Plat 1 (back platform road) on
a bottom light.  Drivers tell me the deal there is that once the last vehicle
clears the points (at medium speed), the train may then proceed at line speed.
Is this the case as well on CTC territory? (ie, is that what you're explaining
above)

And another query r.e. NSW loops (which started this monstrous thread), are
there also slips in the main line at loops, to derail a train on the main which
overshoots and the points/sigs are against him?

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber