Re: GM's in Melb

On Sat, 13 Feb 99 11:09:33 GMT, "Animal" <Mul@bigpond.com> wrote, and
I selectively quote:

>PS I also heard that the decision re the new VLF owners might be deferred as
>the prospective VLP owners have requested the investigation of the
>re-opening the Ballarat-Ararat & Sale-Bairnsdale Lines

I thought that was the reason for *last* week's delay -  well,
Ballarat - Ararat and Ballarat - Mildura anyway.

The new owners of VLF can refurbish any line they like for their own
use.  Whether it's refurbished to passenger standards is another
matter.

If it's RailAmerica / Freight Victoria that's the successful tenderer
for VLF, does this improve their chances of getting VLP?  And if they
get VLP, this makes a bit of a farce of splitting the stuff up in the
first place?

IAC, I didn't know it was so close to a decision on VLP.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos