Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<<<<If there is logic to any of this it escapes me .>>>>>>>>
>
> MD, I couldn't agree more but this is what you get when you try and make a
> route signalling system into a speed signalling system.
>
> IF VR, and others, had left the Pennsy system in place as a route system you
> could have the following defintion of a bottom green, (R/G)
>
> "Proceed on diverging route not exceeding prescribed speed through turnout"

Does that mean that you have to "remember" the speed applicable to the turnout..
that could be scary...

--
Thanks, Tony.

"Keyboard controller failure. - Press F1 to continue..."

New Homepage: http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko

It's here: Railpix - Australian Railway Photography.
            http://railpix.freeservers.com