Re: It's Academic

>> > You can add Toowoomba to this list. Westlander must reverse to continue
>> > also.
>> > (Willowburn station was given up as a bad joke)
>
>> Should we add Junee to that list?? (The Griffith pass reverses there)
>
>No, because not _all_ trains have to reverse to continue. Albury trains
>don't have to reverse. I think Daylesford was the only missing one. The
>old Geelong station could have been included in the list in the late
>1850s.

OK, now how's this for pedanticism!  I can remember travelling by
goods train from Bunbury through Busselton to Nannup (back in steam
days).  I thought the train had to reverse at Busselton. meaning it
was a station which fitted this category.  However, digging out my
"South-West Railway" WTT I discovered that the junction was at
Wonnerup, the last station before Busselton.

So, where is the pedant?  One of the stations which we have all
accepted as belonging on this list is Maldon - but if you study a
"Northern and Midland" WTT you will find that the junction was
"Shelbourne Junction", and not at Maldon at all.    Admittedly the
distance is only 1/2 mile, but according to the WTT they were distinct
locations.

JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html