Re: It's Academic

>Here are some mindless Australian railway station trivia questions upon
>which to waste some time.  The first correct answer posted to aus.rail
>will win recognition as the first correct answer posted to aus.rail
>

>Question 1:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>		Kromelite
>		Bombala
>		Crowes
>		Hobart
>		Wallangarra
>		Albany

The southernmost stations on each system.

>Question 2:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
>
>		Bullock's Flat
>		Morwell
>		Robina
>		Armadale

They all places not worth visiting?

>Question 3:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>		Werris Creek
>		Footscray
>		Mangalore
>		Western Junction
>		Blacktown  [I'm not so sure about this one]

All junction stations with the junction before the platforms.

>Question 7:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>		Maldon
>		Sale
>		Winton
>		Launceston
>		St Kilda

All through trains had to reverse to continue on another line.

>Question 8:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>		Melbourne Central
>		Warialda
>		Wyalong Central
>		Gular

None of them have a town of the same name (not sure about Warialda).

>Question 9:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
>
>		Croydon
>		Cheltenham
>		Richmond
>		Fairfield
>		Windsor

All are suburban stations in both Melb and Syd.

>Question 12  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>		Wynyard (Tas)
>		Pippita
>		Mildura
>		Mount Gambier
>		Cunnamulla

All terminating stations on a through line.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.