Re: It's Academic

Chris Brownbill (cbrnbill@enternet.com.au) wrote:
> Question 1:  What do the following stations have in common?

> 		Kromelite
> 		Bombala
> 		Crowes
> 		Hobart
> 		Wallangarra
> 		Albany

Passenger services withdrawn? :)

> Question 3:  What do the following stations have in common?

> 		Werris Creek
> 		Footscray
> 		Mangalore
> 		Western Junction
> 		Blacktown  [I'm not so sure about this one]

All have or had island platforms inside a junction.

> Question 4:  What do the following stations have in common?

> 		Mount Barker Junction
> 		Dunolly
> 		Pinnaroo
> 		Tailem Bend

Regauged?

> Question 6:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?

> 		Orange
> 		Townsville
> 		Bendigo

The only places where you can still change trains between two "country"
services.

> Question 7:  What do the following stations have in common?

> 		Maldon
> 		Sale
> 		Winton
> 		Launceston
> 		St Kilda

Trains used to reverse to continue.

> Question 9:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?

> 		Croydon
> 		Cheltenham
> 		Richmond
> 		Fairfield
> 		Windsor

All have had their passenger platforms relocated?

> Question 12  What do the following stations have in common?

> 		Wynyard (Tas)
> 		Pippita
> 		Mildura
> 		Mount Gambier
> 		Cunnamulla

Passenger services withdrawn against the will of the public? :)

Cheers
David