Re: DUBBO XPT BUFFET SERVICE

Jack wrote:

> David Bromage wrote in message <7a8cra$53q$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
>

> >I think 10 mins before arrival is reasonable, but anything more is not.
>
> U may think it reasonable....... but obviously u don't have to work
> there.... U want em to do the till and stock after they have done   a  14
> hour shift from Dubbo.....  be reasonable

Please explain what is so unique about NSW that it takes so long to
balance the books on Countrylink services, whereas other systems do not
find it necessary to close their food services so long before the end of
a journey?

Is it a commentary on the NSW education system, perhaps, wherein
counting on one's fingers is done much slower than elsewhere?

Or is it more realistically a commentary on the Countrylink management
strategies, wherein staff are expected to have finished all their duties
by the time the train reaches its terminal, whereas other systems allow
extra time for the completion of duties after arrival?

Or is it simply a question of attitudes towards customer service?

Eddie Oliver