Re: DUBBO XPT BUFFET SERVICE

Ron BEST (ronbest@bigpond.com) wrote:
> Did a return trip to Orange recently (28-30 Jan 1999) on the XPT. Excellent
> trip, apart from lots of per-way speed restrictions. (20 min late on the
> down at Orange, 15 on the up at Penrith). BUT - the buffet closed on the up
> at 1945h - over 1 3/4 hrs before arrival at Sydney Central! I've heard talk
> before about having to "reckon up" - can't somebody buy them a calculator to
> replace the abacus they must use??? (or is it fingers and toes??)

That's one of by biggest gripes about Countrylink. They always close the
buffet long before they arrive at the destination. Travelling to Armidale
on the Xplorer, it was only about 15 mins before arrival which wasn't so
bad, but overnight from Melbourne they close at 6am, and overnight to
Brisbane at just after 5am!

I think 10 mins before arrival is reasonable, but anything more is not.

Cheers
David