Re: Brisbane Light Rail

I grew up in Brisbane in the fifties and sixties and trams were a major part
of the city infrastructure.
Everyone I can think of liked them and was opposed to closing the network
down.
Only a handfull of politicians whom as a youngster I did not know, disliked
trams.
It was at this time that politicians also closed the Gold Coast railway and
tore it up!
The views were much the same from both sides of politics, obviously uncaring
corrupt morons pretend to represent the people whatever party they belong
to.
No wonder we have a generation in Australia now who have nothing but
contempt, if not pure hatred, of most politicians and the system which
spawns them.