Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

Easily fixed: replace the signals with automatic power operated upper-quadrant
semaphore signals.  Entrance to a loop or facing junction: signals bracketted
together with the main line signal arm highest, the loop or secondary line
signal bracketted to the main post on the side that the secondary line/loop
diverges.

This type of signal can be used for distant marking (fishtail end, single arm
approx 1/3 down the post) nad home/accept signalling.

The brave signal engineer who adopts semaphore signalling can enhance
visibility by using larger spectacles & lens with bright lights (perhaps those
taken from the now redundant colour light type) thus allowing for poor weather
and night time visibility.

:-)

Brett.

In article <36c2ba17.2554929@news.netconnect.com.au>,
  krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) wrote:

> >The whole mess could be resolved by simply going back to the way Vic 3 pos.
> >signals were supposed to work in the first place.
> >
> >Top light for the straight road, bottom light for the divering road.
> > So, at our Western line CTC loops we'd simply get a Y/G at the last auto
> >before the loop, (have to make sure it was far enough away from the loop)
and a