Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

>> Hopefully down the road if a US outfit gets V/Line they will convert to
>> standard US signalling practice which is what the VR system was supposed to be
>> in the first place.
>
>Sounds confusing as hell to me.  I put my vote with the NSW system - very easy to
>read.

This is another of those things that depend opn wher you first learnt
signalling. NSW people will swear that their system is best; Vic
people will swear that theirs is.

In the overall scheme of things it doesn't matter. The NSW system is
unlike anything else in Aus, The Vic is similar to SA/WA (& Qld?). I
cannot see NSW agreeing to change the Sydney system signalling just so
it would be the same as the Glen Waverley line ;-). I think we are
stuck with, at least, two systems. Maybe we can hope for some
standardisation especially between Vic and SA. Just agreeing on how
fast medium speed is would be a start.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.