Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Maybe 1. could be G/R; 2. could be Y/R and 3.
>could be pulsating Y/R.

The pulsating yellow could be an indicator of a diverge?

>Similar to NSW practice whilst retaining the
>lower red light (Vics have a problem getting rid of this ;-)).

If there is no lower red light and the globe goes in the signal, you
would not know the signal is there at night or in fog until you
whizzed past it.  Ok, it's just an auto,  but if it would have said Y
or R you'd be in for an entertaining time ("bound for glory" I think
you said) at the next signal.

(Yeah, I know, obviously written by someone who hasn't got a clue what
they're talking about - but it seems like a good idea at the time).

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos