Re: R 711

Robert Harris <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>MY what a nice piece of news paper in the pic, what does it do?  :-)

It stops the paint from the spray gun going all over the window glass.

If you look at the photo, you will also note a light fitting in the
fitter's lap as he strips wire to install it behind the driver's water
glass.  Also the red power reverser (writing in Afrikaans) wheel can
be seen  As with most of the photos on that page, this one was taken
on Sat 24 Oct 98 at the end of the week that first saw R711 in steam.
The cab interior had been painted, but not the exterior.

As I said, I haven't updated that page in a while, but I hope to be
able to add images to that page within the next 2 weeks.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos