Re: R 711

G'day,

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

> On 10 Feb 1999 08:28:03 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote,
> and I selectively quote:
>
> >I believe the R was controlling the 2nd unit  (B or S) when it broke away from
> >the train and the train ran up its bum recently.

The first part of Mark's sentence is correct.  The second part is incorrect.

It can MU with T, B, S etc class diesels.  At this stage it does not control
dynamic brake.  Yes it works well.

> Given that this alleged incident occurred on the maiden voyage and
> that TV news crews, newspaper journalists, people on the "A" list, MsP
> and other assorted dignitaries filled the train, why was there *no*
> mention of this event in TV, radio or print media?  Are Aussies better
> at the great cover-up than the White House?

I think we're all clever enough to realise Mark is having (another) one of his
digs....right Mark?

Regards,
CH.
--