Re: Collision 1952??

Jo Douglas wrote:

> The accident occurred when a train coming into the station (? which station)
> collided with a stationary train. A guard was apparently killed.
> I have no other details to help my query only that it was my grandfather who
> was driving the incoming train. His name was James 'Jim' Hibbert.

I can find no reference to this accident in either "Australian Railway
Disasters" (Ken Pearc) or "Victorian Railway Mishaps" (Marc Fiddian).

Accidents to occur around this time were
Serviceton - Overland's head-on collision on 7 September 1951
Moriac - head-on collisions 12 April 1952 (it can't have been this one, the
drivers/firemen involved were named Bray, Quinliven, Dixon and McKay)
Laverton - stationary goods train rear-ended by paper train, but no deaths on 31
May 1952.

Regards,
CH.
--