Collision 1952??

Hi,
I am hoping someone can help me with my query. My father recently told me of
an incident
which occurred in Melbourne - "The day King George died", which I believe
was 6th February, 1952. Because the King had died the same day there was
very little written in the newspapers of the day.
The accident occurred when a train coming into the station (? which station)
collided with a stationary train. A guard was apparently killed.
I have no other details to help my query only that it was my grandfather who
was driving the incoming train. His name was James 'Jim' Hibbert.
He had, in his time, even driven the infamous 'Heavy Harry' but after this
incident he never drove a locomotive again.
I am also after any information re "Heavy Harry".
Thankyou so very much,
Joanne Douglas
Benalla, Victoria