Re: Katoomba Scenic Railway not steepest?

David W Fields was quoted:

> I must beg to differ with your statement that the Katoomba Scenic
> Railway is the steepest in the world.
>
> Going up the side of Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA is
> the Incline railway.  It's grade is 72.5degrees at one point and has
> been listed as the worlds steepest railway for over 50years...

...And in true American fashion, there is a second American railway that
boasts it is the steepest in the world.  It operates beside the highest
suspension bridge in the world:

http://royalgorgebridge.com/

Couldn't find a specific description of how steep the incline is, either
in the web site or their brochure, however.