Re: Violet Town

<<<<<<Wonder if he is still around? Statute of Limitations might "protect" him
now??
Could be time to get the real story now. Old retired drivers all have
different ideas up here in the NE.

Last I heard he was working at Uncle Bens I think, that was around 1985. He was
a family friend of the girl I was dating and I did meet him a couple of times
although he would NEVER answer any questions about the day in question. One
Wodonga driver, (I wont name names) who had Coulthard as a regular mate for a
couple of years said he was a chronic sleeper.

Some people say that going back into the cars was a common occurance for the
fireman (to get stuff from the dining car) but others dismiss that theory
because on the up the neon "Aurora" sign prevented going from the loco to the
cars.

I find it hard to believe that he was on the loco when it crashed, but I guess
we'll never know!

When I was at Wodonga I asked just about every driver, they all had different
theories!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/