Re: Brisbane Light Rail,Briztram - questions

Rob Kearey wrote:

> Barry Campbell wrote:
>
> > What was the objection by local residents to the bridge from West End to
> > Uni of Q?
>
> It was Bad! People might use it! Burglars, rapists, arson, anarchy! Not
> in my backyard!

Christ, the BigDon LOOT  Rail syndrome in Australia, now!

I take it that the objections were from the genteel burghers of St Lucia
to the folk of South Brisbane and West End being able to use the tram to
visit their treelined boulevards, rather than the other way round?

Sheesh.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

Auckland didn’t become the ugly sprawling mess it is today through the
foresight of its city fathers.