Brisbane Light Rail,Briztram - questions

Okay. I'm sorry for starting another thread on this damn thing but I was
getting confused.

I've looked at the BLR proposal and come to these conclusions

Stage 1 only does the same thing as the existing bus service but without
the diesel fumes so why bother

Stage 2 might be useful to the population of Tenerife, although a bus
would probably be just as much good, but it is something of a waste of
time for access to the Royal Brisbane Hospital complex as there are no
connections with other modes of transport.

Some questions

How does BLR differ in route from Briztram?

What was the objection by local residents to the bridge from West End to
Uni of Q?

Were there plans to build this bridge during the old tram days and if so
was anything done about it?

BTW - anyone who wants to watch trains should develop an illness that
necessitates a spell in the Royal Brisbane Hospital as long as you get a
room facing the Exhibition loop.

Barry Campbell