Re: NRCs Coal Contract in the Hunter

markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Also in relation to Freightcorps Leigh Creek contract , the coal
>trains are  expected to be up to 168 wagons of 100 tonnes gross each ,
>hauled by 3 X 81 ass.
>
>I hope these wagons get the full Westinghouse freight brake equipment with the
>quick release feature, otherwise these trains would be a royal pain in the ass
>to run.

FWIW, the late ASR train had a compressor car as the last car on the
train - looked like half a tractor with big tanks beside it.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
Steam Media Productions: http://people.connect.net.au/~steam
Latest production "1997 - The Victorian Year in Steam" now available