Re: Adelaide - how to notify train control about vehicles passing failed crossing boomgates

Hi,
Which is displayed in the operations control centre in town, which the
controller would of been prompted with immediately. Therefore following
procedure all of the Railcar driver's would of been told to approach level
xing's at extreme caution, as well as already being at low speed due to the
track fault being in absolute block territory. Taking all this information
into account there probably was not that much of a safety issue. As for the
Phone number and identity number on the xing, apparently that was trialed a
few years ago here, and train controllers spent a lot of their time talking
to fruit cakes on the phone. I hope this is informative and of some use to
someone.
Regards

Rob
Camelotswamp wrote in message
<19991229192158.05167.00001265@ng-ff1.aol.com>...
>On the afternoon of Christmas day 1999 the Frederick Road crossing on the
>Grange line had the boomgates down with the lights and bells operating, and
>vehicles had taken to zigzaging past the boomgates. The line has East
Grange