Re: Adelaide - how to notify train control about vehicles passing failed crossing boomgates

"Camelotswamp" <camelotswamp@aol.com> wrote in message
19991229192158.05167.00001265@ng-ff1.aol.com">news:19991229192158.05167.00001265@ng-ff1.aol.com...
> > On further investigation with the Adelaide station supervisor, the state
of
> crossings is known to train control, and faults (like a crossing stuck
down)
> should raise alarms. I'm not sure that such a system would catch all
situations
> where drivers or train control should be notified though.
>
> Arthur.
Don't you feel like your talking to a brick wall some times Arthur,they just
don't seem to give a toss.
Some years ago we  in S&C maintenance where given stickers to place at
Xings.On the stickers was an 0800 number which got you through to the Vline
switch board,and also on the sticker was a number to quote for that
particular Xing ie A1234,so good so far, how ever depending on the level of
grey matter on the switch board at that time they would put you through to
the S&C fault centre (ideal scenario) or fob you off as an idiot,or tell you
to ring the police.
Just as they got it working 0800 numbers where scrapped and I think the
system fell into rigour mortis.
Bugger
Cheers
Graeme