Re: Sydney Airport Link

Paul Jones wrote in message ...
>Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
>84f4gt$ksf$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:84f4gt$ksf$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
>> Bill McNiven wrote in message
>> and
>> >
>> >It was mentioned in aus.rail about 13 months ago.  Since the site still
>has
>> >a newsletter dated October 1998, I guess it hasn't rated another
mention!

>> That explains it then - 13 months ago (well, from late November until mid
>> December), I was in Perth umpiring at the WA Open, and I had my first
(and
>> last) experience of coach class on the Indian Pacific. Give me Holiday
>Class
>> anytime (or, if anyone else is paying for it, First Class).
>>

>didn't like coach class?? wern't the windows clean, the showers too small,
>food too expensive, or did the person beside you need a shower?? I know
how
>you feel!!!!!

All of the above. I went over in Holiday Class - I was arriving Thursday
morning and starting to umpire on Saturday morning, so I did not want to
spend 3 nights in a seat. I did not feel the need to spend the extra money
coming back. Big mistake.

Holiday Class is excellent value for money. I travelled First Class about 6
months before that, and I do not think the extra that you pay is worth the
extra that you get. For the IP and the Ghan, Holiday Class is the way to go.

Dave