Re: "lost" trains

Stuart,
    You have to remember that Chullora is reasonably level where as the grade out of
Hawksbury river is quite steep. A 200 ton loco climbing that grade while hauling a set
of passenger cars would have a greater chance of activating the track circuit, if the
reports are to be believed by the simple fact that the wheels were spinning and thus
they would have helped to clear the sand off of the rail. If sand had anything to do
with the accident, all it did was to exacerbate an already existing deficiency with the
system.
 As for David proclaiming that he has read the findings of the inquiry, and that he
agrees with it, just remember Dave, the findings were based on information given to it
by people who had a vested interest in ensuring that the real truth did not emerge.