Re: MUDGEE LINE

In <01bf4b10$d31e4700$463c65cb@dialup.ozemail.com.au> "RAILPH" <phihel@one.net.au> writes:

>Can anyone tell me what is happening to the between Mudgee & Kandos?
>because 9 weeks ago I was in Mudgee & I visited the station & saw some
>steel sleepers in the yard plus I heard that they are repairing the first
>bridge out of Mudgee.

The line is being re-opened soon, following on from last Friday's re-opening
of the line between Cowra and Blayney. It's pleasing to see investment being
made in non-trunk cross-country lines since it's these lines which serve as
important arterial routes in emergencies, etc. as well as giving many 'new'
(meaning old but lost, as well as genuinely new) traffic opportunities.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport