Re: Return of Its Academic!

Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in article
<385E228A.5F1F208@enternet.com.au>...
> Fair enough.  I note that Stradbroke Ferries advertise the connection
with the
> trains at Cleveland station though.  They do say that they offer a
'courtesy
> coach' to the station, so I guess that's a double connection.
>
> Roy Wilke wrote:
> >
> > Not Cleveland, where the station is about 3km from the ferry terminal.
You either
> > have to catch a bus, a taxi, or walk through Cleveland to catch the
ferry.

There is a jetty in Raby Bay Harbour a couple of minutes walk from
Cleveland Station although no regular services from it. SunSteam ran a tour
a couple of years ago where a steam train connected with a boat at
Cleveland.

I think the ARHS also ran a trip with an EMU connecting with a boat.

So Chris, you are right - even if it did only happen once or twice.