Re: Return of Its Academic!

Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
385B7383.C8131D97@enternet.com.au">news:385B7383.C8131D97@enternet.com.au...

> Seeing as how the original 'Its Academic' was so well received earlier
this year
> (the posting in this newsgroup - not the TV show), its time for a second
> edition.

> The first correct answer to each question gets 5 points - your time starts
now!

> In each case, the question is - What do the following group of stations or
rail
> locations have in common?  The lists are not exhaustive (ie there may be
other
> stations/locations which currently share or in the past have shared the
common
> property).

> Good luck.

> Q1.  Perth, Commercial Road (Port Adelaide), Winton, Mareeba, Normanton,
> Ballarat, Geelong.

I've visited them all?  nah it's station with a roof.

> Q2.  Emerald (Qld), Lithgow, Pakenham, Armadale (WA), Glenelg.

End of juice.

> Q3.  Sydney Central, Melbourne Central, Wynyard, Town Hall, Redfern,
Parliament,
> Flagstaff, Wolli Creek, East Camberwell.

Platforms on different levels.

> Q4.  Junee, Lithgow, Geelong, Gawler, Kangaroo Flat, Garfield, Tallarook,
> Burwood (Vic), Toodyay

This ones got me buggered.

> Q5.  Princes Bridge, Redfern, South Brisbane, Hobart, St James.

Trains no longer terminate there??

> Q6.  Fremantle, Tailem Bend, Circular Quay, Meadowbank, Cronulla,
Hawkesbury
> River, Flinders Street, Stony Point, Queenscliff, Cleveland, Cairns,
Townsville.

Something to do with water, I can't work out what.

> Q7.  Marinna, Kundabung, Ivanhoe, Kiata

Nope.

> Q8.  Sydney Central, Spencer Street, Perth, South Geelong, Grange,
Richmond
> (Vic), Park Road, Subiaco, Royal Park.

Serves a sports/football stadium?

> Q9.  Olympic Park, Brighton, Glanville.

Balloon Loop??

> Q10.  Uranquinty, Bendigo, Port Melbourne, Egelabra

Renamed??

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur