Re: [VIC] R766 and R711 Ballarat tour.

Hi James,

Today was great. Some of the interesting hightlights, were the fire that we
started just out of Bacchus Marsh, but especially the ride in the BL car :)

I am not sure if this happened or not, but was there a time when R711 and
R766 sat next to each other at Ballarat? If not, this would have been a
really good photo opportunity. As far as the headboard goes, it was kind of
a special occasion today, in that this was the last ever run of R766 in
it's 'normal' state. For this one reason, the headboard should have stayed
off the whole way.

I think, for me, the highlight of the trip was the return journey, with the
lovely sounds of the 567's in the T class locos roaring away like all good
locomotives should. Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of a steam loco,
but the GM does it just that bit better :-) Now wouldn't two flat-tops have
been nice :-) Simply for the T classes, I and the people I were with ended
up sitting in the first car, close up to the front as possible :-)

As far as other things thorough the day went, I discovered that modern
Pentax cameras really are stronger than they look, as I took one giant leap
for man and landed camera first into the ground, at one of the photostops.
Moral, any SLR owner should get themself a UV filter to protect their lens.
I did and it saved my day :-)

Finally, did anyone notice the lack of a certain motormouth today?
(Wouldn't those two be flattered about this aus.rail idolisation). I did
notice the previously mentioned crossdresser standing the in the buffet
car. I really did not believe it until I saw it! RRL was also noticed
taking a swipe at a poor defenseless kid on the platform at Ballarat this
afternoon, it's a pity the kid's parents weren't in the vicinity to witness
this, and punish RRL accordingly.

It was a great day, but, there should have been some photostops scheduled
on the return journey. Not all rail transport conoisseurs are steam ones :)

and... R.I.P. R766

Regards
Michael

James Brook said in message <385CC5D6.2209E25F@ozemail.com.au>, I therefore
quote:

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?