> >From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
> >Subject: XPTs to return to Canberra?
> >Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 05:46:56 GMT
>
> >I received word from a usually reliable source that the 6.50 up and 18.14
> >down Canberra Xplorers will become 2+5 XPTs "some time next year",

(snip)

> Where are the cars coming from?

Good question Dave..... If the way the XPTs are running at the moment it
just isn't possible.... as an example, yesterday evening Meeks Road had 4
derelict XP's.... NT1 Departed Sydney 136 late waiting a unit off NT26,
which in turn meant ST 1 was waiting a unit off ST 4... At one stage they
were going to run the West this morning with 1 Unit... but talkin to the
Service Manager this morning he had 2 of the 4 XPs come good over night....
these new engines for the units can't come soon enough :)

--
Cheers
Jack

Queensland beautiful one day perfect