Re: Rain Incident near Junee??

> Disclaimer - I know nothing about the incident except what I have read on
this newsgroup.

> From what I've read, it sounds like there were two down trains following
each other at caution due to
> failed signals.  The driver of the up freight got on the radio and told
the second train how far in front
> the first train was. (On the CountryNet radio system this would be via
"Local" - or 450.050 MHz).  Anyone
> with a scanner in the area could have heard it and misinterpreted it, then
reported to the ABC.  If it
> was an incident, then a telegram would have been written.  Has anyone seen
one?

> --
> David Johnson
I believe David is right, as we do the same thing in Victoria! If you see a
move that suggests failed signals or perhaps see a train approaching a track
gang with heavy equipment on the track, you will advise the crew on this
train of the distance he has to go, and even this could sound like a warning
to the uninitiated. It is just common sense The Driver following on behind
should know someone is ahead, but even if he does not, the regulations will
protect both trains. The gangs protect them selves with outer flagmen and
detonating signals, and usually work away from the flagman, if possible, so
the distance between the flaggie and the point of work vary greatly
Cheers
Rod