Re: Congratulations Bayside, once again.

"Just another gunzel." wrote:

> This morning's 06:57(am) up from Glenroy was cancelled, supposedly due to
> defective train (when is a train NOT cancelled per defective train?). Not
> surprisingly, when I went past Broadmeadows on my down Albury, that I
> nearly missed as a result of this cancellation, there were two trains
> sitting in the siding. Surely BOTH weren't defective?
>
> There were many reports of cancellations on many other Bayside services
> today, particularly on the Frankston line.
>
> Bayside, pull your head in. There should be no excuse for cancelled trains.

Well, services on the Frankston line have not been too good recently, either.
For the past three Tuesdays, the 1525 down Frankston has been cancelled (not too
helpful, given that I normally change to a bus at Frankston).
Then, on Thursday, the 0602 up Frankston was cancelled, with the excuse being a
"lack of qualified running staff". Its the first time for a while that this
excuse has been used.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Land Titles Automation Project - Beveridge & Williams, Melbourne