Re: [NSW] CityRail Guard

> When you say "unfortunately", are you saying that just
> because they are female,?  or are they being selected
> ONLY because they are female.
>
> There is a big difference between "equal opportunity"
> and "positive discrimination".
>
> Just curious, is Carr using PD.?  It is after all,
> national ALP policy.
>
> ----Terry Burton
> Alice Springs NT

I have got nothing against females getting these jobs at all as long as they
are selected as being the best candidates for the job. Quite clearly though
there have been suitably qualified males who have had to wait or miss out to
allow the quota of women through.
What is interesting though is that the SRA got this discrimination exemption
as they were able to prove discrimination against women in the past. This is
total crap as there have been female Guards in the past and all have them
have got there on their own merit.