Re: [NSW] CityRail Guard

Hubert Lam wrote:

> What are the qualifications you need to become a guard, and what are the
> terms of the contract?
>
> Weekly working hours, wages and similar info would be much appreciated.

Get a sex change and go for your life!

Unfortunatly females are getting prefrence but you can still try.
Contact the Personel Officer, Cityrail Train Crewing at level 10 Xerox
House Sydney.

 Use the phone and contact the switchboard and ask them to put you
through. You should be able to put you through. Or go to:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Aurora/4178/
Look up the phone book Fox has and it should be there.

Anyway ask them how to become a Guard.

Guards work on a Fortnightly rostering system, 10 days, 7:36 hrs per
day.
If the shift is longer than 7:36 you get time and a half.
If you work over 209kms you get time and a quarter from the moment you
pass the 209. W/ends are the same penaltys as other jobs.
It is possible to have 8 day book offs
The rate of pay varies but I think the rate of pay is 16.80 per hour,
but don't quote me on this, its pretty close.

It has been known for some guards to earn $65,000.00 per year.

Anything else??

rgds