Re: SAW/ASW - was Re: Computer Question - DTC

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:14:01 +1100, someone other than David Guymer
<davidmg@optusnet.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

> Had just about any alternative safe working system other than ASW or TO been
> in place,even TS & T , this accident would not have happened.

How many cases of trains being turned into other trains have happened
in Victoria?  I'm told there was only one other collision a long time
ago (like over 60 years ago).  One prang in 60+ years?

How much would it cost to switch-lock every mainline siding in
Victoria?  Who would pay for such a massive undertaking?

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site is located at
http://www.railpage.org.au/steam4me
"1998 - The Victorian Year in Steam"
--  Now available - check website for dealers
 at http://www.railpage.org.au/smedia ---