Re: SAW/ASW - was Re: Computer Question - DTC

In article <3852E1B1.A8CE4020@efs.mq.edu.au> Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> writes:
>From: Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au>
>Subject: SAW/ASW - was Re: Computer Question - DTC
>Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:43:45 +1100

>Notagunzel wrote:
>>

>> Us southerners aren't interested in modern systems anymore... in the last 6
>> months we've removed ASW in lieu of Train Orders, and removed Train Orders
>> in lieu of Staff & Ticket |-)

>What IS the current state of the ASW deactivation? Is it that
>broad-gauge ASW is being/has been/will be returned to train orders while
>the standard gauge will retain it?

>And while on that subject: You talk about ASW, I thought the official
>name is SAW (even though it was ASW before it was SAW). Does your usage
>of the "old" acronym imply that people still prefer it, perhaps because
>they can still think of it as Alternative TO Safe Working rather than
>the nominal name with the "to" missing?

>Eddie Oliver

Further on re ASW , whats happened as a result of the Ararat accident.
Since Glenbrook , this accident seems to have gone very quiet.
Is there any form of inquiry , and who is conducting it.
At the least, until such an inquiry concludes and exonerates ASW, if indeed it
will,then ARTC should in the interim cancel it and introduce an alternative.
Indeed, what is the alternative when ASW fails for any other reasons?

MD