Re: Melb destination rolls

Darren H. <locob67@hotmail.com> wrote in message
38562f99@nap-ns1">38562f99@nap-ns1">news:38562f99@nap-ns1...
> >Can anyone give me a complete list of the actual destinations on the
Tait,
> >Harris, Hitachi and Comeng destination indicator boards?
>
> Well, obviously it isn't too difficult for me to at least list the Tait
roll
> that I have. I would be interested in lists of others too. How many must
> there have been over the years?

>Here is a list of Tait/Harris/Hitachi rolls, as printed in "Electric
>Railways of Victoria", by S.E.Dornan & R.G.Henderson, AETA 1979

Oops! I forgot about that book. The problem of having ones library in a room
over 100kms away.
It is interesting to see that the Harris roll list is different to the
Harris roll that I have (even allowing for the fact it isn't complete).
Several destinations are in a different order. Was there any logic in the
order that the destinations were printed?

Darren Hodges