Re: Melb destination rolls

>Can anyone give me a complete list of the actual destinations on the Tait,
>Harris, Hitachi and Comeng destination indicator boards?

>Ta muchly

Well, obviously it isn't too difficult for me to at least list the Tait roll
that I have. I would be interested in lists of others too. How many must
there have been over the years?

Mine is :-
SPECIAL; WERRIBEE; MOORABBIN; CHELTENHAM; BERWICK; MORDIALLOC; ASPENDALE;
CARRUM; FRANKSTON; OAKLEIGH; DANDENONG; FLINDERS STREET; SPENCER STREET;
NEWPORT; NEWPORT WORKSHOPS; GOWRIE; WILLIAMSTOWN; WILLIAMSTOWN PIER; ALTONA;
SUNSHINE; ST ALBANS; PAKENHAM; ESSENDON; BROADMEADOWS; BRIGHTON BEACH;
SANDRINGHAM; CITY CIRCLE; CITY LOOP; GLEN WAVERLEY; KEON PARK; ALAMEIN;
CAMBERWELL; BOX HILL; UPFIELD; GREENSBOROUGH; RINGWOOD; UPPER F.T.GULLY;
CROYDON; LILYDALE; BELGRAVE; COBURG; MOOROOLBARK; ST KILDA; PORT MELBOURNE;
PRINCES BRIDGE; RESERVOIR; LALOR; EPPING; HEIDELBURG; MACLEOD; ELTHAM;
HURSTBRIDGE; RACE SPECIAL; SHOW SPECIAL.

 For the price watchers, it came from a shop in Dimboola and cost me $75
(plus travelling expenses - from Gippsland). I am told it was originally
priced at about $375. Seems way too much to me. It is complete with 115volt
lamps wired in series (I may have to re-wire it).

I also have most of a Harris roll. The top portion is missing, but it
otherwise seems to be in unused condition.
Remaining destinations are :-
...... ST ALBANS; KENSINGTON; ESSENDON; BROADMEADOWS; BRIGHTON BEACH;
SANDRINGHAM; EASTMALVERN; EPPING; GOWRIE; GLEN WAVERLY; ALAMEIN; CAMBERWELL;
BOX HILL; MITCHAM; RINGWOOD; FERNTREE GULLY; BELGRAVE; CROYDON; LILYDALE;
WARBURTON; HEALESVILLE; WARB-TON. H-VILLE; COBURG; FLINDERS STREET; FAWKNER;
UPFIELD; ST KILDA; PORT MELBOURNE; PRINCES BRIDGE; RESERVOIR; LALOR;
HEIDELBURG; MACLEOD; ELTHAM; HURSTBRIDGE; RACE SPECIAL; SHOW SPECIAL.

If my Tait roll was also for 1st series Harris trains, then presumably this
roll was for a later Harris. I'm sure someone here will tell me if I am
wrong.

This roll also cost me $75 (I got it first), so either I paid too much for
it, or the Tait one was comparitively cheap. Reclamation may have been a
better deal, but I never got around to visiting that place.

Both rolls are part of the display slowly being put together in Hobbies
Plus, Princes Hwy, Stratford, Vic. (hey, I have to mention it).

Darren Hodges.