Re: [NSW}Gradient/Curve diagrams.

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:28:38 +1100, "Ben O'Regan"
<ben@NOSPAMFORemiratespark.com.au> wrote:

Ben,

>I've learnt more history (in measuring lengths anyway) in the last two days
>than I ever did in school. My respect for those who used multiple different
>combinations for measuring/calculating distances/weights etc has jumped
>dramatically (and mostly in their head, too!).

I dare say that those of us around in those times should always talk
about the arithmetic calculations of our childhood in the same breath
as walking five miles each way to school with snow up to our armpits,
etc, etc.

But as children we never realised the complexities that we were
involved in - much the same as learning to play a musical instrument
or riding a bike.   I remember getting some hang ups in the 70's,  as
an adult,  when I started getting interested in computers and had to
learn to work in octal and binary, until it dawned on me that I had
worked in almost every base known to man as a pre-teenager :-)

Jim.
--
Jim Guthrie
Progressing (maybe) in S7 at www.netcomuk.co.uk/~sprocket/index.html