Poultry Railcars (Was: [VIC] K190 to South Gippsland)

No idea why they moved the chooks. They went to Bendigo in any case. Can
someone else here answer why? I managed to photograph the Newport-Bendigo
leg of the transfer last Wednesday, but due to work had to cut it short at
Sunbury. Would have been nice to see through the black forest.

As far as loco colours go, I don't think anyone really cares any more. I.e.
the attitide being that a "grossly incorrect interpretation of a locomotive
that happened to have been restored" is better than "a locomotive being cut
up to sell to cat food companies". Don't get me wrong, I believe that WCR
are doing a great job with R711, and good on 'em for it, but I do have
mixed feelings about what is about to happen to R766. With R711 at least,
it was a case of, rust, or be profitable.

I seem to recall a while back, someone posted to a mailing list that I
reside in, saying that there is not one genuine R class in service. All
have modifications that exceed what is required to getting it back into
service. (headboards, name plates, odd paint jobs, etc)

Regards
Michael

James Brook said in message <3855DEC7.F9F0A16F@ozemail.com.au>, I
therefore quote:

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?