Re: Railway Digest posting.

>From a professional point of view I can confirm that there were mail deliveries
yesterday, and will be next weekend too in all likelihood (as occurs on the
final weekend before every Christmas).

As for larger letters being delivered later than small letters, that could be
because the larger articles are often magazines etc which are usually lodged as
"PrintPost" items.  Printpost is a service which offers a discounted postage
rate in return for a trade-off in speed.  This usually adds a day or so to the
regular delivery standard.

Don't know about alt.gunzels.postal though, that would be the domain of some
very different people.

By the way, I haven't got my Digest yet - but then for some reason I never get
mail on Monday, and I get a heap on Tuesday.