Re: SAW/ASW - was Re: Computer Question - DTC

It is interesting that in Australia we put so much into safeworking and
signalling, like interlocking, etc....

You only need the driver to go with out a green signal, or a staff and the
system failes.  There needs to be more training of the drivers.

In America they put everything into the driver, tranned very well for almost
everything.

In australia we put too much into the machines, like interlocking, dead man's
handle etc...  there needs to be more/better training of the driver/operator

Just look at the problems like Longford (Victorian Gas explosion).

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au