[VIC] Robinvale weekender.

I noticed on the Steamrail website that the Robinvale tour had been
moved to the cup day long weekend. This is the most stupid decision I
think they have made for a long time. As the monday is not a public
holiday many people won't be able to go on this tour. Also this is when
schools and universities have their exams. This tour will cut out many
students, teachers, uni academic staff, people who can't get flexidays
and many others. I would have thought that Steamrail would be trying to
get as many passengers as possible. Why couldn't Steamrail have left it
until easter 2001? Then almost everyone with the money would be able to
go on it. Either that or they could swap it for the Queens Birthday
weekend Echuca tour. I'm sure that most Victorian railfans would rather
go to Robinvale than Echuca again! I know I wouldn't pay that much money
just for a trip to Echuca. I'm a uni student and if I have an exam on
the monday I obviously won't be able to go on the tour. If it was any
other time of the year it wouldn't matter if I missed one or two days.
The steamrail cancellation fee of $50 per person for weekenders means
that I can't even book on it when the brochure comes out because this is
a fair bit of money to lose if I have an exam on the Monday. I probably
wont be able to find out the exam timetable in time to book on the tour.
I bet I'm not the only victorian railfan who doesn't like this date.
Only pensioners and dole bludgers will be able to book on this tour! Now
that there is going to be a tour this year to Robinvale no one will run
a similar tour for at least the next few years. This is one of the few
remaining Victorian lines that I haven't been on.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au